Guest: Nicole Castle

I‚Äôm super excited to have Nicole Castle as a guest today! Nicole has been one of my favorite authors since the first time I picked up Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck and Murder.¬†I love everything she writes (including her amazing Mako Shark series), and her new release, The Inauspicious List, is the third in the Chance Assassin series… Read more →

On the currency of attention

I’m not a person who gets riled up on the Internet (in person, now, that’s a different story). But this situation with Laura Harner and the resulting fallout is apparently the exception to my usual. Because I am pissed off. I don’t know why Laura Harner did what she did. Her excuses don’t really matter because there is¬†no excuse. But… Read more →

“Look, I know the supernatural isn’t something that’s supposed to happen, but it does.”

So I’m a huge horror movie fan. As in, 80% of the movies I watch are ¬†horror. (If you’re interested, the other 20% is broken down between quirky documentaries, action/sci-fi, and dance movies.) Every October, I start grumbling because people who don’t watch horror movies start blogging about horror movies. There are always top-this-or-that lists. And I inevitably grouse about… Read more →

Breakaway now available for pre-order!

      So, it’s Black Friday and you’re thinking, “I’d really rather not go shopping. I’d rather read a book!” Good idea! Might I suggest an unlikely romance between an awkward Canadian NHL draft pick and a veteran minor league enforcer, who begin their courtship with fisticuffs on the ice? Pre-order a copy of my newest release, Breakaway,¬†from Dreamspinner’s… Read more →

Breakaway cover art!

I couldn’t be more excited to share the awesome, beautiful, AMAZING cover art for “Breakaway”, my upcoming release from Dreamspinner! It’s the first in a series of novels about minor league hockey players in the south. The first two novels center mostly around the Jacksonville Sea Storm, so I was thrilled to see how the artist, Aaron Anderson, incorporated the… Read more →

Interview with Avery and Malin

Let The Wrong Light In Character Interview¬†with Avery & Malin Avery, Malin, so glad you could join us. Do you mind telling us a little bit about yourselves? About each of you separately and then together, perhaps? Avery:¬†Sure! Hi! I’m Avery Hextall. I’m an architect, I’m thirty-two, and this is Malin, who won’t want to say anything because he’s shy.… Read more →